Login:

password:  

Forum List | Food Forum

Topic: Christmas Lunch
1. Author:  GG741        
Date: Mon 12th Nov 2018. 22:15

Just wondering:

- if anyone reads any posts in this forum

- do you stick with traditional foods for Christmas Lunch / Dinner, or do you try something a little less traditional?

I'm a fan of the traditional, but am fortunate weather-wise (in Australia) that we can add dishes such as platters of prawns as starters as people arrive and get settled.
And, for the same reasons, I usually cook a roast pork on a BBQ to keep some heat out of the kitchen.

2. Author:  Thaipar        
Date: Tue 13th Nov 2018. 00:28

Fried green curry with jasmine rice

3. Author:  GG741        
Date: Wed 14th Nov 2018. 00:50

Thaipar - that would be a pretty standard go-to dinner wouldn't it?

By the way, what do you mean by 'Fried green curry...'? We prepare ours in a wok, is that it?

4. Author:  Thaipar        
Date: Wed 14th Nov 2018. 04:36

Obviously Xmas isn't celebrated here and the Mrs normally works so yeah just a bog standard lunch.
Don't tend to do evening food or if we do it's just a snack.

Normal green curry will be prepared in a pot with a soup green coconut curry.

Fried green curry is wok done with a thick creamy sauce. A mom n pop shop about 2km from home does a fantastic fried curry. I have even managed to get the cook to make it without msg for me. A rare trait here as normally everything is cooked with msg.

5. Author:  moviescot        
Date: Mon 3rd Dec 2018. 15:59

Traditional Indian meal at one of our favourites. No mess to clean up and a nice relaxing evening afterwards.
Great.

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -