DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Football Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 --      

Topic: Academy
1. Author:  Parfect69        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 17:45

Bin it. Not interested in maybe 1 player every 5 years. Let’s invest in the first team. Maybe someone who knows what the white netted thing is in between those two white thins are.

2. Author:  gordi-b        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 19:03

Get a decent team on the pitch first , then an Academy , the point of an academy in league 1 is what ???

G.B

3. Author:  Par        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 19:37

The purpose of the academy is for the Germans to make money off any future players, that is their priority not the first team.

4. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 19:45

Again and I stated this when they took over but yet again .nets finest dish out the cards etc. These investors have money but their long term investment is players going through the academy and selling on for ££.

Mon the Pars!

5. Author:  Parfect69        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 19:50

Alter Ego, Sat 09 Mar 19:45

Again and I stated this when they took over but yet again .nets finest dish out the cards etc. These investors have money but their long term investment is players going through the academy and selling on for ££.

Yes in league 1.

6. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 19:54

It must be a very long-term plan then because the club has about £10m of accumulated losses which would have to be wiped out before any dividends could be paid.

7. Author:  Parfect69        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:04

I think us fans if being honest couldn’t give a fook about 10 years time. We want to win on a Saturday or a Friday this week.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Mar 20:04)

8. Author:  GJS93        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:07

which is why the plan/idea will never work, that goes back to when Johnston got the sack when this started in a way.

9. Author:  cammypar 1995        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:08

Parfect69, Sat 9 Mar 20:04

I think us fans if being honest couldn’t give a fook about 10 years time. We want to win on a Saturday or a Friday this week.

I just want someone who can score a goal or 2

c'mon the pars

10. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:11

We should never start anything ever. Just don`t bother.

11. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:11

I did say this Parfect and yet again got a mouthful from .nets finest saying the academy etc was the way to go and blah blah!
Who is running the academy now? Is it still the old Fife Elite admin and coaches?

Mon the Pars!

12. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:12

We`re not struggling because we`re developing an academy. It`s two separate issues.

13. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:14

STOP CALLING IT AN ACADEMY, ITS A TRAINING FACILITY!!!!!

We’ve developed plenty of young players over the last couple of years without a designated training facilities, so can only be seen as a good thing in the long run.

But immediate success should always come first…

Post Edited (Sat 09 Mar 20:14)

14. Author:  cammypar 1995        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:16

Dave_1885, Sat 9 Mar 20:14

STOP CALLING IT AN ACADEMY, ITS A TRAINING FACILITY!!!!!

We’ve developed plenty of young players over the last couple of years without a designated training facilities, so can only be seen as a good thing in the long run.

But immediate success should always come first…

How much of these above were sold for a considerable profit?

c'mon the pars

15. Author:  Rigger Al        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:18

Good training facilities can attract players to join

16. Author:  Rigger Al        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:19

17. Author:  Raymie the Legend        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:22

Rigger Al, Sat 9 Mar 20:19

I’m not sure about that, Rigger. It’s mainly about money ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

18. Author:  Parfect69        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:25

wee eck, Sat 09 Mar 20:12

We`re not struggling because we`re developing an academy. It`s two separate issues.

One is impacting the other though. It’s as plain as the nose on your face

19. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:28

How? The Germans always said they didn`t come to the club to throw money at the current playing squad. It was more about investing in the future. So if the club weren`t interested in that they wouldn`t have invested at all.

20. Author:  Parfect69        
Date: Sat 9th Mar 2024. 20:34

Not asking them to throw money at the first team though. A wee bit investment on a player who knows where the net is would be a start. For what it’s worth we are more than sufficient up to and including the midfield. Up front is woefully inadequate.

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -