DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Football Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 --      

Topic: Josh Edwards
1. Author:  2004Par        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 17:35

Oxford and Lincoln interested in him,Probably the last season we will see him in a pars strip good luck luck to him if he goes.https://www.footballinsider247.com/oxford-united-and-lincoln-city-race-to-sign-dunfermline-ace-josh-edwards-sources/

Post Edited (Thu 11 Apr 17:35)

2. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 18:08

They are both in the top half of League 1. I think he would have to improve his final ball to make an impression there.

3. Author:  cammypar 1995        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 19:45

If we can get anything close to the 100k we were apparently offered in January we should take it all day long.

c'mon the pars

4. Author:  RossF        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 19:59

Both challenging for the playoffs to the championship. If he did leave I’d hope to see him goto Lincoln, who are a lower league club I’ve always had a soft spot for. I’d be surprised if he stays in the summer if we can get some money for him and he does deserve a chance in England so he can further his career and get more money.

5. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 20:49

Tbh he’s not been at his best this season as I think he was looking for a move… so get the £100k in and improve the team.

Mon the Pars!

6. Author:  DBA        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 22:49

Josh has barely missed a game in 3/4 years. Only 23 years old with around 200 first team appearances. He`s come on leaps and bounds since we signed him.

Despite a few poorer performances in recent weeks, he`s still our biggest asset and if he doesn`t go in the summer, he`ll be away next year. I`ve no doubts that he`ll easily be playing in the Scottish Prem or decent English level in the next 18 months. Hopefully in the Premier League with us!

7. Author:  Rusty Shackleford        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 23:05

DBA, Thu 11 Apr 22:49

Josh has barely missed a game in 3/4 years. Only 23 years old with around 200 first team appearances. He`s come on leaps and bounds since we signed him.

Despite a few poorer performances in recent weeks, he`s still our biggest asset and if he doesn`t go in the summer, he`ll be away next year. I`ve no doubts that he`ll easily be playing in the Scottish Prem or decent English level in the next 18 months. Hopefully in the Premier League with us!

I`d dispute he`s our biggest asset but it`s nice to see a post arguing for us to keep hold of a very important player as opposed to "let`s punt him for a tenth of our operating loss".

8. Author:  Indiapar        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 23:31

If a good opportunity arises, good luck to him. Over the course, he has done really well for us. I`m sure he will have interest in the summer, and we are about developing players who may or may not want to move on to better things. We have to facilitate that. The knock-on effect for us would be to attract other young talent looking for a similar opportunity and route to a higher standard of football. He is the right age for the next step in his career.

9. Author:  DBA        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 23:59

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 11 Apr 23:05

I`d dispute he`s our biggest asset but it`s nice to see a post arguing for us to keep hold of a very important player as opposed to "let`s punt him for a tenth of our operating loss".

Out of interest, who do you think is our biggest asset?

Only 2 close IMO are Otoo and Todd. Both have less appearances than Josh had at their ages. That`s not to say they can`t pass him, and I`d certainly not argue against them!

10. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 10:12

If he moves on then would like to see Fenton get his chance as his replacement. Keep it in house even more.

11. Author:  LEGEND85        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 10:43

I`ve seen it mentioned that welch-hayes has been an upgrade on Comrie I would argue he looks a more complete player than Edwards as well.

So it might not be a bad thing for him to move on and get a replacement or go with Fenton.

12. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 10:50

Left back is the one position we haven`t had any experienced cover for this season so, if Edwards goes, even if Fenton is considered to be an adequate replacement we`ll need an alternative in that position.

13. Author:  Rusty Shackleford        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 11:58

DBA, Thu 11 Apr 23:59

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 11 Apr 23:05

Out of interest, who do you think is our biggest asset?

Only 2 close IMO are Otoo and Todd. Both have less appearances than Josh had at their ages. That`s not to say they can`t pass him, and I`d certainly not argue against them!

I think Todd and Otoo have bigger potential upsides for future sell on fees. I`d have Josh slightly behind in a group with Fisher and KRH but who knows, it`s all guesswork isn`t it.

14. Author:  Row_ZZ        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 12:08

I would give Fenton a chance. He has looked a good player any time I`ve seen him. If we want to be going down the youth route, got to be giving chances to guys we have that are looking promising. I reckon we could get MWH and MFW with the money and not have to break the bank, whilst promoting a youth player.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"

15. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 13:49

Miles Welch Hayes has been okay, but he has made some mistakes, I prefer Comrie who is more consistent. Edwards hasn`t had a great season but he is still pretty solid and dependable. Rarely makes a bad mistake. If he could get better at crossing he would be a very good player in this league.
If a bid of more than 200k came in for him, he is replaceable. Even someone like Lewis Strapp from Morton would do a turn for us

16. Author:  Raymie the Legend        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 14:07

Row_ZZ, Fri 12 Apr 12:08

I would give Fenton a chance. He has looked a good player any time I`ve seen him. If we want to be going down the youth route, got to be giving chances to guys we have that are looking promising. I reckon we could get MWH and MFW with the money and not have to break the bank, whilst promoting a youth player.

There were times when we were struggling for defenders and he couldn’t get a start, so he might go out on loan next season ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Fri 12 Apr 14:09)

17. Author:  Berry        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 14:20

I don’t think some are giving Edwards the due credit he deserves.

He’s been a mainstay in our team, Mr Dependable, some of the balls he puts into the box have been excellent, he’s scored goals, defensively sound and there’s no doubt he puts some shift in each week.

This isn’t the first time he’s been a target of other clubs which evidences how good a player we have on our hands.

Personally, thinking about his career, I’m not convinced moving to a Lincoln or Oxford would be longer term the right decision, Barnsley at the time perhaps would’ve been a better shout had the offer been accepted, if ofcourse he wanted to go.

It’ll be a difficult decision for him and a risk either way, just hope whatever decision the club and he makes is the right one.

I’d think if £100k or thereabouts is the fee , I genuinely think that’s very cheap for such a young player with potential, and should be looking for more.

18. Author:  Bandy        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 14:27

ARe we definitely due a fee for Edwards - I thought he was out of contract this summer? Did he sign a new deal?

19. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 14:31

I don`t think it was the fee that was the sticking point, perhaps lack of a decent sell on was the reason it was rejected,

You don`t get much for 100k these days

Otoo and KRH must`ve been at least 50k with add-ons and sell on, buy back options etc but with them we knew what we were getting.

After seeing him MFW is a must sign. The potential is huge. MWH is a very tidy player,

If we started next season and our only business was them two plus kane permanent.....that would be a very good summer window, one that could see us comfortably in the playoffs next year.

20. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 14:32

Bandy, Fri 12 Apr 14:27

ARe we definitely due a fee for Edwards - I thought he was out of contract this summer? Did he sign a new deal?

The club has a 1 Yr extension which was activated

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -