DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Football Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Davie Moyes (mk 1) (D)
1. Author:  Ormiston_Par        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 20:32

One of Jim Leishman`s first signings after becoming manager, and arguably a Pars legend.

Passed away unexpectedly at the age of 68. Very sad news.

RIP and condolences to the family.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie

2. Author:  AdamAntsParsStripe        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 20:59

He was a legend for fans at the time. Gave his all for the Black and White.
RIP Davie and thanks for the memories

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte

3. Author:  Big T Par        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 21:00

Ormiston_Par, Tue 16 Apr 20:32

One of Jim Leishman`s first signings after becoming manager, and arguably a Pars legend.

Passed away unexpectedly at the age of 68. Very sad news.

RIP and condolences to the family.

Oh man. That`s terrible news. Stayed just up the road from me and spoke to him many times about The Pars.

RIP Davie 😔

4. Author:  Parallel Lines        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 21:03

Aw no.!
I had the absolute pleasure to interview Davie in his local pub in Tranent for an article in WDTHR.
What a night, brilliant stories, great company and I got absolutely pished. They put me on the bus to Edinburgh. I woke up in bed thankfully with the dictations intact.
Really sorry to hear that.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman

5. Author:  wetherby        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 21:12

Loved him as a player , absolutely 100% committed and hard . I am sure I recall him him nutting an opposition player and then walking off the pitch before the ref had a chance to red card him. Legend. Played a huge part in getting us promoted.
RIP Davie.

6. Author:  Raymie the Legend        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 21:29

Not old at all. Did very well for us at a time when we didn’t have a great team?

RIP, Davie

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

7. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 21:35

There`s a very mischievous interview with him from 6 years ago on the DA Heritage Trust website. At the end he`s asking if there`s a `broon envelope` for his trouble! Quite a character.

8. Author:  partime        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 21:37

Great midfield partnership with Gary Thompson and a real character in his interviews
RIP TRDM

9. Author:  Alan        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 22:10

Remember us playing Berwick at Shieldfield. We were a few goals ahead when he started playing keepy uppy with the ball at the edge of the box. Very sad news tonight and hopefully the club have a minutes silence before Saturday`s game.

10. Author:  Boomer        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 22:24

Pars team came into the Pitbauchlie Hotel last game of a promotion season with Leish. All the players had to sing a song. All football songs until Moyesey got up and started singing Saturday Night At The Movies. There were tears of laughter it was classic!!

Great memories and condolences to the family of David

Post Edited (Tue 16 Apr 23:35)

11. Author:  CrossPar        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 23:22

He was the perfect example of a ball winner, although other parts of his opponents anatomy were also found on his studs! He was your man to win a 50-50 ball every time. RIP Davie.

12. Author:  Stanza        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 02:09

wee eck, Tue 16 Apr 21:35

There`s a very mischievous interview with him from 6 years ago on the DA Heritage Trust website. At the end he`s asking if there`s a `broon envelope` for his trouble! Quite a character.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=izrr-lbhq2w

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[

13. Author:  eastendalloapar        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 08:02

RIP Davie,
you were one of my favourite players from that time.

matt forsyth

14. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 08:39

Sad News .. A character .. legend .. never stepped back from a tackle .. thoughts and sympathy with all family and friends RIP Davie

Post Edited (Wed 17 Apr 09:21)

15. Author:  veteraneastender        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 09:17

Great club servant.

R.I.P.

16. Author:  Par        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 11:02

Could do with him now, although he might not finish a lot of games!

RIP to a Pars man who gave his all for the team.

17. Author:  Parsweep        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 18:32

R.I.P. Davie . Condolences to family and friends .

Bobvo

18. Author:  firescot        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 19:45

RIP Davie Moyes MKI, first ‘hard man’ midfielder I remember as a 13 year old lad. Tough midfield with him and Gary Thompson booting the opposition for 90 minutes 😂

Dunfermline 6 Albion Rovers 0. On my birthday as well, thanks very much.

19. Author:  Steviethepar2        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 21:09

Alan, Tue 16 Apr 22:10

Remember us playing Berwick at Shieldfield. We were a few goals ahead when he started playing keepy uppy with the ball at the edge of the box. Very sad news tonight and hopefully the club have a minutes silence before Saturday`s game.

Was about to post same - I was at that game and one of the classic moments I’ve seen following the pars

RIP

20. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Fri 19th Apr 2024. 08:05

Played like he was enjoying himself.

Jim Kerray was another one who liked to entertain the fans. Every club had a “character “ or two in the good old days!

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -