DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Football Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Nothing to Lose
1. Author:  PARrot        
Date: Fri 19th Apr 2024. 22:28

I think we should just go for it in the last 3.
Shoot on sight.

Airdrie could lose their next two to Dundee and Partick.

That would leave a very nervy game v QP.

3 losses to them and 3 decent wins for us.

Stranger things have happened.

Who foresaw RC beating Rangers?

Tin hat on.

2. Author:  Paralex        
Date: Fri 19th Apr 2024. 23:08

Sounds a bit kamikaze to me Parrot. Airdrie are 11 goals ahead of us right now, so only the very remotest chance of overtaking them. Sometimes attack is the best form of defence but on the evidence of recent games, maybe out and out attack, not our best policy.

3. Author:  Socks        
Date: Fri 19th Apr 2024. 23:38

It`s just utterly bizarre to say there`s nothing to lose. The chances of us being either promoted or relgated are not large, but the probability of going down is now many times that of going up.

Let`s just play the game as normal and try to win it. If we do that, we`re safe. And if we can`t do that, let`s get a point which would probably be enough. Any win would be a good win, and if we`re 1-0 up going into injury time, going all out for another goal and leaving ourselves open at the back is the absolute last thing we should be doing.

4. Author:  da_no_1        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 01:28

After the run we were on from mid December til the end of February I`d take anywhere between 5th and 8th in a heartbeat......the higher the better obviously.

Just win the game. If we can`t do that then don`t lose it.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

5. Author:  cammypar 1995        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 07:34

Socks, Fri 19 Apr 23:38

It`s just utterly bizarre to say there`s nothing to lose. The chances of us being either promoted or relgated are not large, but the probability of going down is now many times that of going up.

Let`s just play the game as normal and try to win it. If we do that, we`re safe. And if we can`t do that, let`s get a point which would probably be enough. Any win would be a good win, and if we`re 1-0 up going into injury time, going all out for another goal and leaving ourselves open at the back is the absolute last thing we should be doing.

200 percent this. Considering our struggle to score goals this season just go out and win the game. Let`s not try and go all out as we just don`t score enough so we aren`t going to give a team a doing I`ll take a 1-0 90 minute winner.

c'mon the pars

6. Author:  weemike        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 08:01

When mcpake met ange, the advice was stick to your principles (I`m paraphrasing)

Mcpake likes possession based football which emanates in alot of 1-0 wins as evident in our league winning run last year.

We are not a free flowing attacking team.

7. Author:  PARrot        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 09:28

Socks, Fri 19 Apr 23:38

Let`s just play the game as normal and try to win it. If we do that, we`re safe. And if we can`t do that, let`s get a point, which would probably be enough. Any win would be a good win, and if we`re 1-0 up going into injury time, going all out for another goal and leaving ourselves open at the back is the absolute last thing we should be doing.

I really wasn`t serious this time, Socks.
I realise we still need to secure safety
However, if we do get a good win today and Airdrie lose by a couple then ..... ye never know.

I think I explained my optimism once before.
I am an avid backgammon player.
It is a game where victory is often gained from a position that looked like a certain defeat. Of course, dice are used, and random dice can produce crazy results.
I have experienced unbelievable turnarounds many times. Of course, backgammon isn't football, but they both comprise mostly of skill and can be dramaticly influenced by a bit of bizarre luck.
That is pretty much where I get my mindset.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Apr 09:42)

8. Author:  RossF        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 09:36

Dom Thomas is apparently fit today which is disappointing. Hopefully we can cling onto 5th place which would be a decent end to the season after such a disappointing start to the year.

9. Author:  Berry        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 10:32

Think we’re seriously over egging the relegation fears here. More so when Inverness lost yesterday and only have two games with a 4pt gap from us.

I actually agree with Parrots initial post that we should be let off the leash a bit and go for it a bit more. Thats not to say we’ll be going gung ho if we’re one up with minutes spare.

More than capable of scoring 3 or 4 goals and yeah Airdrie have difficult ties.

Not naive to think we have any chance of getting fourth now but would rather play with that mindset than worrying about securing a point to avoid relegation.

Quite frankly we’re better than that.

10. Author:  kelty_par        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 10:38

Partick v Airdrie was the first draw on my coupon today. Suits both clubs and doesn`t give much away before they play each other again in the play offs.

11. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 11:01

It`s a must win for QP today so expect them to come out all guns blazing. They`re the ones who have nothing to lose. A draw today would be a bad result for them whilst for us it would all but confirm league safety. A win for us and we`re sorted and can relax.

12. Author:  PARrot        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 11:17

jake89, Sat 20 Apr 11:01

It`s a must win for QP today so expect them to come out all guns blazing. They`re the ones who have nothing to lose. A draw today would be a bad result for them whilst for us it would all but confirm league safety. A win for us and we`re sorted and can relax.

Hmmmm, I think I might change my prediction league predictions to draws for us and Partick v Airdrie

13. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 11:49

Won`t Partick and Airdrie be trying to clinch 3rd spot as it will give them the advantage of the return game in the first play-off being at home?

14. Author:  DA-go Par Adonis        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 12:06

A draw guarantees them both a spot in the play-offs. I reckon if it`s level with 15 minutes to go, not much will happen thereafter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.

15. Author:  kelty_par        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 12:41

Also, home advantage in this division doesn`t seem to be much of an advantage. Lots of away wins and draws, and plenty of years (like ourselves and the champions elect) who seem to play better away from home.

16. Author:  widtink        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 16:19

Plastic 2 Airdrie 0 at ht

Admin

17. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 16:25

3-0

18. Author:  Berry        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 16:45

4-0

19. Author:  PARrot        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 17:09

If only we could score.

20. Author:  saltonsgonagetu        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 17:10

Not sure we`ve done enough to stay up yet

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -