[Youtube]aZ9ijP1LFGk[/YouTube]

also good job to Jordan for producing the highlights

Post Edited (Wed 24 Apr 16:08)

2. Author:  RhinoPars        
Date: Wed 24th Apr 2024. 12:48

Thanks for the highlights.

3. Author:  jake89        
Date: Wed 24th Apr 2024. 12:55

Good job on this. That touch by Tod before the pass for the first goal was brilliant. Arguably some wasted chances but good to see the young ones going for it. The Sutherland household must have had a late one celebrating last night!

4. Author:  Raymie the Legend        
Date: Wed 24th Apr 2024. 15:44

great achievement by the young lads.

Andy Tod is a talent

The only downside is we are going to have to play on that pitch next year. Unless it`s raining, it`s terrible

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

5. Author:  brian        
Date: Wed 24th Apr 2024. 16:09

Players interviews added 👏

6. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Wed 24th Apr 2024. 17:32

All the interviewees came across as modest and motivated, proud of their team-mates. Gary Montignani is an articulate guy and you can understand how he`ll be able to communicate his instructions to the group.

I think the last time we won a national trophy was the BP Youth Cup in 1988 when we beat Dundee 2-1 at EEP. Of that team I think only Ray Sharp and Andy Williamson (father of Ryan) became first-team regulars although I think David Sinclair made a name for himself with another club and Lee Bullen was in the squad but didn`t play in the Final. I wonder how many of last night`s squad will make the grade?

7. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Wed 24th Apr 2024. 23:31

I`d say there is a fair chance some of the young players can do well here. I was just looking at the teams from our Youth Cup Final of 2013

Celtic: Fasan, Fisher, Miller, Irvine, O’Connell, Findlay, Herron (Twardzik 75), McGregor, Atajic (McMullan 90), Lindsay, George (Johnstone 82): Subs not used: McNally, Hart.

Dunfermline: Goodfellow, Millen, Munro, Young, Martin, Kane (Gray 86), Mercer (O’Kane 67), Byrne, Henderson, Smith, Whittle (Drummond 25). Subs not used: Robertson, Ritchie.

Some very decent careers carved out by players of both teams there, think we had Celtics McMullan, Herron and George at some stage and McGregor has done exceptionally well.

I would have probably taken Millen, Byrne and Whittle and even a fit Martin over some of the players we have fielded this season. Even Goodfellow, Young, Mercer and Henderson did well at lower levels

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -