DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Football Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Grady McGrath
1. Author:  sjapar        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 18:50

Could it be worth taken a risk on signing him scored 34 goals and has Angus clubs after him . He fits the bill for what the Germans are looking to bring in young that can be sold on for profit . Big step up but if he wasn’t too much money maybe a risk worth taken IMO .

Sja

2. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 18:56

sjapar, Fri 26 Apr 18:50

Could it be worth taken a risk on signing him scored 34 goals and has Angus clubs after him . He fits the bill for what the Germans are looking to bring in young that can be sold on for profit . Big step up but if he wasn’t too much money maybe a risk worth taken IMO .

Lewis McCann and jakubiak would tear that league too shreds. It`s a not a big step up it`s huge

3. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 19:11

Guys who performed well for us in League 1 are considered not good enough for the Championship but somebody scoring goals three tiers down is worth a contract?

4. Author:  alwaysaPar        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 19:37

wee eck, Fri 26 Apr 19:11

Guys who performed well for us in League 1 are considered not good enough for the Championship but somebody scoring goals three tiers down is worth a contract?

He did start his post with `could` so was asking a question ( thought you`d spot that 🤣)
Plus I don`t see anywhere in his post where he derides our current strikers.

Not sure where your point is in debating with his subject where he was only stating his opinion that this guy might be worth a risk if the money was right

Are you just looking for our usual posters who criticise our forward players to jump in order to start another thread about their abilities/ inabilities???? 🤦‍♂️

5. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 20:04

It sounds like you`re looking for an argument rather than me. Mine was a rhetorical question. It`s quite a jump from the Highland League to the Championship.

6. Author:  pars4life1        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 20:08

As a comparison mackenzie kirk was also banging goals in at will early season in the LL but hasn`t scored when given the chance on loan to Hamilton in league 1.

7. Author:  saltonsgonagetu        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 20:34

Quite a few of our strikers have been proven to be not good enough for this level ,why not take s punt on someone from a lower level , like Andy Tod, John Watson when they were signed .

8. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 21:25

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 26 Apr 20:34

Quite a few of our strikers have been proven to be not good enough for this level ,why not take s punt on someone from a lower level , like Andy Tod, John Watson when they were signed .

Because when tod and watson made the step up, the gulf was smaller due to the lack of sports science and fitness coaching, etc.

Part-time to full-time is a huge step nowadays.

How long would you propose this punt went on for because it would take 12 months for him to get up to the same levels fitness wise.

9. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 21:45

Maybe if we have a fully fit team to start the season!

Mon the Pars!

10. Author:  saltonsgonagetu        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 21:50

weemike, Fri 26 Apr 21:25

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 26 Apr 20:34

Because when tod and watson made the step up, the gulf was smaller due to the lack of sports science and fitness coaching, etc.

Part-time to full-time is a huge step nowadays.

How long would you propose this punt went on for because it would take 12 months for him to get up to the same levels fitness wise.

I bow down to your sports science background, and to your abilities to judge the guy we are talking about .

11. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:03

I bow down to your sports science background, and to your abilities to judge the guy we are talking about .

You don`t need to be a sports scientist or a chief scout to know that 99.5% of part time players will not make it at a full time club.

12. Author:  saltonsgonagetu        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:06

Like Josh Edwards ?

13. Author:  saltonsgonagetu        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:07

Joe Cardle

14. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:11

12 months to get up to fitness etc if he joined a full time club🤷🤷 Not true!
!

Mon the Pars!

15. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:17

weemike, Fri 26 Apr 22:03

You don`t need to be a sports scientist or a chief scout to know that 99.5% of part time players will not make it at a full time club.

Who makes up these random %s and posts them as fact? 🤔😂 guy could be an ironman triathlete in his spare time for all you know 😂

16. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:18

Alter Ego, Fri 26 Apr 22:11

12 months to get up to fitness etc if he joined a full time club🤷🤷 Not true!
!

How long do you reckon it would take a part time athlete to get to the same levels his full time professional peers?

Expecting it to happen in less than 12 months would be unfair.

17. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:20

Dave_1885, Fri 26 Apr 22:17

weemike, Fri 26 Apr 22:03

Who makes up these random %s and posts them as fact? 🤔😂 guy could be an ironman triathlete in his spare time for all you know 😂

Could be! But it`s extremely unlikely. And if we were looking for good swimmers and cyclers then he`d be worth looking at.

18. Author:  DA-go Par Adonis        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:32

Bert Paton used to pick up players from part-time football and they often did very well - but they did seem to excel once they had a full-time pre-season behind them.

There are always exceptions, however. Derek Fleming was signed from, I think, Meadowbank Thistle and was excellent from his first appearance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.

19. Author:  weemike        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 22:41

Meadowbank were in the professional league I think one league below us, (could be wrong) so stepping up is a natural progression,

Like cardle and Edwards, excelling in the current league so they move to us in the next league up.

But we`re talking about a guy moving up 3 tiers.

He might well be a championship player in a couple of years,

But let`s just take a punt at a cost of £600-£900 a week, (gotta compensate his loss of full time job)

Which could be the difference in convincing kane or MFW to sign.

20. Author:  CrossPar        
Date: Fri 26th Apr 2024. 23:07

Arbroath have a whole team of part time players. Admittedly they have been relegated this season but they have competed well in the championship for several years and were very close to getting promoted to the SPL.

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -