DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Football Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 -- 11 --      

Topic: Squad for next season
1. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 22:53

Now that we know which division we will be playing in next year I was having a think about what players are still under contract. As far as I can see we have the basis of our squad under contract for next season but will need to add some quality to this and make a few of them bench warmers if we have ambitions at the top end of the table.

Mehmet
Comrie
Fisher
Benedictus
Breen
Edwards

Hamilton
Otoo
Todd
Richie-Hosler

Wighton

Subs
O`Halloran
Chalmers
I think these players signed extensions but may be wrong-
McCann
Sutherland
Tod
Young

With the players that are almost out of contract, we will need to think about if they are good enough to get into the team above, and improve it. In the most part the answer to that will be no.

I`d be happy if we kept Fagan-Walcott and Kane, but Summers, Moffat, Jakubiak, Allan, Benjamin and Welch-Hayes haven`t done enough for me. Need to get some real quality in to lift the squad, someone like Brian Graham, possibly Bruce Anderson that can score more than 4 goals a season

2. Author:  desparado        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 23:33

I think WH has done ok and would not mind if we sign him. Paul Allan has played quite well last few games and deserves another crack. Kane? Meh…

One think for sure we need six out and six in…..

3. Author:  saltonsgonagetu        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 00:24

There`s 50% garbage in that lot ,ffs

4. Author:  Andrew283        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 01:15

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 28 Apr 00:24

There`s 50% garbage in that lot ,ffs

Agreed. Major clear out and refresh needed,especially with some of our under contract players

5. Author:  Berkey        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 02:40

We’ve got more players signed up for next year than anyone else in the league.

We can’t sign Kane with wighton still on the books, unless you want to be relying on the likes of McCann again when they inevitably end up injured.

I’d keep Allan over chalmers but chalmers has managed to find himself under contract so fancy Allan will leave just to create space for new players.

The lad from livi wasn’t that good, plenty bloopers in him, I’d be happy to go with comrie next season as the starter.

In a perfect world we would be able to move chalmers, wighton, o’hallaran and McCann on, being realistic we’ll do well to move more than 1 of them on. So expect a couple of new faces to replace aplan and Edwards and the same squad supplemented loads of raw loans from other clubs who have barely kicked a ball.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

6. Author:  cammypar 1995        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 06:20

Im sure we have jak for next year too. Anyone expecting anything other than another drab season will have a long end to 2024 if we don`t get our finger out in the summer.

c'mon the pars

7. Author:  kelty_par        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 06:38

If we can persuade a Hamilton, Cove, Queen of the South type to take Chalmers off our hands then I can see us offering Allan something but I agree, I can`t see us having both next season.

The defence on paper looks solid enough but we`ve conceded a lot of silly goals this season. If we continue with the 3-4-2-1 then we need someone who is mobile, can press and can finish. Not many of them about, I honestly can`t even suggest a sensible name right now. Could be that we gamble in the way Arbroath and Ayr have in the last few years with Nouble and Akinyemi. Bruce Anderson is leaving Livingston but I`m sure he`ll have offers in the Premiership.

8. Author:  cammypar 1995        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 06:57

I can`t see anyone wanting to sign any of the above. If we sell Edwards then they will be great although we don`t have another asset.

c'mon the pars

9. Author:  weemike        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 07:10

You`ll struggle to get better than allan and Edwards on the free market. Especially when we are competing. The window will be more of the same

10. Author:  Berry        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 08:40

Out of that list I’d be looking to offload

Fisher
Chalmers
Wighton
MOH
McCann

I’d try and secure Kane. Fagan-Walcott as well, with him, a fit Breen and Benedictus think we have a good nucleus there. I wouldn’t be against Welch-Hayes as well.

11. Author:  Raymie the Legend        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 08:46

Fisher ?

Can’t agree there

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

12. Author:  weemike        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 08:49

Fisher will easily be a Scottish premier CB In future.

Madness

13. Author:  Berry        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 08:53

Probably being very harsh with Fisher, just not been impressed with him recently, I know he’s had an injury plagued season as well so perhaps he’ll do better next season.

I’m not as sold on him as others though, good bench option.

14. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 10:20

Will McPake be with us next season? The style of football he plays is brutal to watch at times. Really need to freshen up that squad for next season as there is no chance we will be in the top 4.
The board need to back the manager and get players in quickly but where’s the money going to come from as the club is 1m in the hole. I think it’s going to be a very interesting pre season!

Mon the Pars!

15. Author:  Gaz3822        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 10:35

McPake will get another crack.
Problem for me is I don`t really trust him to turn us into a nice to watch, attacking football team. I`ve seen no evidence he can do it.

I also don`t trust him to bin the certain players that the majority of us see as being not good enough for mounting a proper challenge.

The new window will be awfy important.

16. Author:  weemike        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 10:40

Gaz3822, Sun 28 Apr 10:35

McPake will get another crack.
Problem for me is I don`t really trust him to turn us into a nice to watch, attacking football team. I`ve seen no evidence he can do it.

I also don`t trust him to bin the certain players that the majority of us see as being not good enough for mounting a proper challenge.

The new window will be awfy important.

That`s not happening,

If we get anywhere it will be with 1 nil wins

He tries to make the teams tight at the back before anything

17. Author:  EastEndTales        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 11:14

3 at the back I fear is here to stay. I can`t see Bene part of a central 2 anymore.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749

18. Author:  gordi-b        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 11:34

Not sure if if Mcpake has anything else in his locker other than thedrab tactics he serves up most games , same same every game , doubt if we we will mmake the play offs if we hold on to the majority of the current squad, surely he can see that a lot of them are not up to championship standard,

G.B

19. Author:  weemike        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 11:44

I firmly believe that this squad could compete at the top end of the table if the tactics were different. If all the players were released tomorrow most of them would get in championship squads,

If Ian Murray had our squad this season we`d be in a higher position. IMO

20. Author:  LEGEND85        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 11:55

weemike, Sun 28 Apr 11:44

I firmly believe that this squad could compete at the top end of the table if the tactics were different. If all the players were released tomorrow most of them would get in championship squads,

If Ian Murray had our squad this season we`d be in a higher position. IMO

I just can`t agree with the statement about the squad being good enough.

We needs big changes in my opinion but like others have said am not sure that`s going to happen

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 -- 11 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -