DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Off Topic

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Noisy Neighbours on a Sunday
1. Author:  General Zod        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 08:59

My neighbours are decent enough folk but the guy is a DIY man. He does literally everything himself so there is often a wee bit noise here and there but nothing too bad. However today he’s making a right racket and it started about 8:30am. I know usually it 8am during the week for noise but is it different on a Sunday? Some places say from 10am is probably recommended and others say no power tools on Sundays and bank holidays. It’s a bit annoying when I literally can’t hear my tv at times.

2. Author:  DBP        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 09:46

I try to make no noise on a Sunday (lawn mower/strimmers, power tools etc) as think it’s a bit selfish and unfair on those around me, as for many it’s their day to rest before starting the grind again on Monday

3. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 11:09

I think if something needs done then crack on. Most people only have the weekend. However, if I was in a semi or terraced house I wouldn`t be pulling out the power tools until 10/11 at the earliest. Is also be getting my neighbours some beers if it was going to be going on for hours on a party wall.

Some people are just antisocial though.

4. Author:  Neil_Philp        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 11:56

I`m doing up a flat the now and personally I wouldn`t start till about 9:30am or 10:00am on a weekend.
Just out of consideration for neighbours
Same with cutting the grass and noisy tasks in general. I just wouldn`t do things like that early morning at the weekend

COYP

5. Author:  Tad Allagash        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 12:10

It’s a tricky one nowadays because some people that work from home during the week might actually prefer that the noise happens at weekends.

6. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 15:41

Wait till the Euros mini fan zones spring up..coming to a garden near you!

7. Author:  Back_oh_the_net        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 13:09

Parboiled, Sun 14 Apr 15:41

Wait till the Euros mini fan zones spring up..coming to a garden near you!

Insightful as ever from our resident hard boiled Tory

8. Author:  widtink        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 14:15

My neighbour is an inconsiderate erse.
He was banging on the wall at 3am this morning.
Luckily I was still up , playing my bagpipes 🤣

Admin

9. Author:  DBP        
Date: Tue 16th Apr 2024. 17:35

Tad Allagash, Sun 14 Apr 12:10

It’s a tricky one nowadays because some people that work from home during the week might actually prefer that the noise happens at weekends.

That’s very true - I work from home 3 or 4 days per week and last year my neighbour was getting major work done which took took about 8 months - felt like every time I had an important call or needed to get my head down or design something, the builders would make a racket with power tools, radios blaring, shouting, etc

10. Author:  PARrot        
Date: Wed 17th Apr 2024. 23:40

WTF was he getting done that took 8 months?

You can build a house in 2.

11. Author:  DBP        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 06:21

Pretty much rebuilding his current house and adding same again at the back albeit with an additional storey at the bottom of extension (garden lower than street level)
No access for diggers, having to underpin, getting materials was a problem due to covid so work was drawn out, etc etc
Probably took lot longer than 8 months to be honest

12. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 08:37

Those who like listening to loud music in their garden and think the boundary fence between you is a sound barrier..biggest twats of all.

Back oh the net is one of them nae doot…

13. Author:  EastEndTales        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 08:45

I hope they were playing Tommy Scott.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749

14. Author:  DBP        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 12:27

Those that Chuck their dog outside and just leave it to bark and bark

15. Author:  jake89        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 13:23

Just people who make noise in general. Why do you think we all want to hear your music played loudly? Why do you think we want to hear you banging your ball off the fence? Why do you feel the need to shout to someone when you could just walk closer?

16. Author:  MikeyLeonard        
Date: Thu 18th Apr 2024. 16:22

Or people who have telephone calls on loud speaker. . .

17. Author:  General Zod        
Date: Fri 19th Apr 2024. 14:53

LEGALIZE MURDER.

18. Author:  MikeyLeonard        
Date: Fri 19th Apr 2024. 17:35

Let`s have a purge !

19. Author:  Neil_Philp        
Date: Sat 20th Apr 2024. 14:30

Been saying that for years Zod

COYP

20. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sun 21st Apr 2024. 09:52

Need to cut the grass. Is it too early?

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -