DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Off Topic

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Iran drone strike on Israel
1. Author:  desparado        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 09:06

Isn’t it strange that Israel has intercepted the majority of these but failed to neutralise a few hang gliders from Gaza ? 🤔

2. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 10:47

Maybe try looking at a map

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

3. Author:  DBP        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 11:02

👆 Exactly, hundreds of drones were in the air for hours before getting anywhere near Israel!
Easy to identify, locate and neutralise

4. Author:  desparado        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 12:58

And hang gliders are not. Especially when crossing the most fortified border in the world and monitored airspace…..lol. I guess everyone who worked for Israeli security on Oct 7th was on holiday then ?

5. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 13:18

No idea what sort of radar signature a very slow low flying hang glider would have. There are numerous reports from numerous outlets on how Hamas managed to dupe the IDF using imaginative tactics and uses of low tech equipment.

6. Author:  DBP        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 13:29

desparado, Sun 14 Apr 12:58

And hang gliders are not. Especially when crossing the most fortified border in the world and monitored airspace…..lol. I guess everyone who worked for Israeli security on Oct 7th was on holiday then ?

No they’re not… No engines lol… but I’d you want some further example reasons:
- most hangliders don’t show up on radar
- the flight time / distance was a lot shorter
- there was zero indication / pre warning of oct 7th, in fact they had given all indication they weren’t ready to do anything - unlike the Iranian drone attack which was on our news headlines the night before (forewarned is forearmed as they say)
- When hamsas did launch their attack, they did so under the cover of a big rocket distraction, that 99% of the time is the sum total of events - so Israel were totally off guard coordinated that the West Bank took most of the Israeli attention away

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 13:33)

7. Author:  parsfan        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 14:03

There were lots of indications Hamas were preparing for an attack. Someone in the chain of command chose to ignore them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

8. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 15:32

RAF out of Cyprus seemingly involved again!😡

9. Author:  DBP        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 15:37

The rhetoric from hamsas was that they weren’t ready and they were more interested in making sure Palestinians were able to cross into Israel for work - completely blindsided Israel on oct 7th

10. Author:  desparado        
Date: Sun 14th Apr 2024. 22:25

Sunak accuses Iran of committing acts of aggression. I wonder what his reaction would be if a U.K. embassy had been blown to smithereens? And why is the RAF involved by protecting a regime that is committing genocide ?

11. Author:  DBP        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 06:35

As with most things at Westminster, and especially with the tories, I’m sure there will be money at the root of it

12. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 09:04

desparado, Sun 14 Apr 22:25

Sunak accuses Iran of committing acts of aggression. I wonder what his reaction would be if a U.K. embassy had been blown to smithereens? And why is the RAF involved by protecting a regime that is committing genocide ?

The whole thing reeks of hypocrisy from the US and UK. They have backed a ceasefire in Gaza, but are more than happy with Israel blowing up embassies, then helping defend them from said embassy owners……an absolute disgrace once again from the big 2 of the West.

World War 3 is creeping closer in the Middle East I reckon, but may also happen on our lands with the current outpouring of racial aggression shown on social media - Rachel Riley being a prime example and shocked she hasnt been sacked by C4 already………

Question is - will all these Nationalist keybord warriors be first in line to sign up for the armed forces when called upon? I highly doubt it. Figures like Tommy Robinson and Laurence Fox love to stoke the racial fire, but I can guarantee they wont be anywhere near a sign up sheet if called to arms!

And better yet Scotland will be dragged into yet another war without having a word to say about it - and house all the nukes on the edge of our biggest city 🙄 long love the union and the king! 😂

13. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 09:29

Don`t forget the naval dockyard next to Scotland`s newest city.

14. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 09:43

The One Who Knocks, Mon 15 Apr 09:29

Don`t forget the naval dockyard next to Scotland`s newest city.

Not a naval dockyard per say, but plenty of radiation kicking about there with the subs still sat in the docks…….and a nice big aircraft carrier sat in the dry docks once again…….

15. Author:  jake89        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 11:41

Israel retaliation is justified, Iran`s isn`t? This government has a curious moral compass.

16. Author:  P        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 12:45

desparado, Sun 14 Apr 09:06

Isn’t it strange that Israel has intercepted the majority of these but failed to neutralise a few hang gliders from Gaza ? 🤔

.net conspiracy theory klaxon 📢📣

17. Author:  Bandy        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 13:30

AFAIK - the attack on the Iranian Embassy hasn`t been admitted by Israel? Is this one of things where everyone `knows`, but everyone keeps schtum? Or is there genuine uncertainty as to whether Israel attacked the embassy?

18. Author:  veteraneastender        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 20:47

An observation for clarity - the Iranian diplomatic presence in Damascus was a Consulate, not an Embassy.

Not that such a fine point would make much of a difference in Teheran, they have previous for diregarding International Law in respect of honouring the sanctity of a foreign Embassy.... 1979...... taking hostages.

Pot and kettle ?

19. Author:  pars4life1        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 21:36

Iran Certainly aren`t an innocent party and you can look at many of their recent actions to prove it. Pointing at a 45 year old issue is a bit silly tho.

20. Author:  parsfan        
Date: Mon 15th Apr 2024. 21:53

veteraneastender, Mon 15 Apr 20:47

An observation for clarity - the Iranian diplomatic presence in Damascus was a Consulate, not an Embassy.

Not that such a fine point would make much of a difference in Teheran, they have previous for diregarding International Law in respect of honouring the sanctity of a foreign Embassy.... 1979...... taking hostages.

Pot and kettle ?

It was their embassy. Post-revolution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -