DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Off Topic

Topic: 60 songs: BBC 2 at 60
1. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Mon 22nd Apr 2024. 09:14

Did anyone else watch this on Saturday?

Four hours of clips of live performances from Glastonbury, Old Grey Whistle Test Jools Holland, etc …Bowie, Blondie, Queen, Annie Lennox, a rather portly Al Green, REM, Stones, Stone Roses suffering a power cut - a right old pick and mix you can catch on IPlayer and skip through at your leisure !

2. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Mon 22nd Apr 2024. 10:04

Parboiled, Mon 22 Apr 09:14

Did anyone else watch this on Saturday?

Four hours of clips of live performances from Glastonbury, Old Grey Whistle Test Jools Holland, etc …Bowie, Blondie, Queen, Annie Lennox, a rather portly Al Green, REM, Stones, Stone Roses suffering a power cut - a right old pick and mix you can catch on IPlayer and skip through at your leisure !

Recorded it and still wading through it, some gems in the program!✌️👍

3. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Mon 22nd Apr 2024. 10:52

You`ve got to applaud the BBC`s ingenuity in finding different ways to justify showing repeats as they face cuts in their budget! Last night I think they had 60 pieces of classical music.

I came across Saturday night`s programme by accident and dipped into it occasionally. It was a pretty random selection in no particular order so you didn`t know what to expect. The highlight for me was Freddie Mercury performing `Radio Ga Ga` at Live Aid. That guy could sing and command an audience.

4. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Mon 22nd Apr 2024. 12:21

Indeed Eck, I was watching it live. Freddie in blistering form, talk about a hard act to follow!
Regarding the 60 acts on the Beeb, you know you’re getting on when you remember them all…!

5. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Mon 22nd Apr 2024. 14:31

Parboiled, Mon 22 Apr 12:21

Indeed Eck, I was watching it live. Freddie in blistering form, talk about a hard act to follow!
Regarding the 60 acts on the Beeb, you know you’re getting on when you remember them all…!

Aye, and you go through them saying "he/she is dead" !🤔😲

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -