Login:

password:  

Forum List | Off Topic

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Banned From Football
1. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 07:10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ceklzk88dv2o

A Newcastle fan has been banned from St James by the EPL for non footballing comments she made on social media. She`s going to fight it in court and it will be interesting how it goes as that will set quite a precedent.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

2. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 07:13

They told us this would happen when the SNP introduced their disgusting hate crime bill. Oh, no, wait.

3. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 09:55

That is really sinister behaviour by both NUFC and the Premier League. It`s ridiculous that we live in a world where police don`t have the resources to investigate thefts and actual criminal activity but they do have the time to trawl through social media posts and question people for writing words that some people might not like.
I`m not sure what she wrote, probably something factually correct like, if you are born with a Willy you are a man not a woman

4. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 10:34

Banned for stating she didnt believe transgender men should be allowed to compete in female sports and share changing rooms………

Is this really what the world has come to?

5. Author:  Wotsit        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 11:10

Transgender men are people who were born female but want to identify as male. Why would they want to compete in female sport?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

6. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 17:53

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/linzi-smith-banned-spied-on/

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

7. Author:  Bamba-Daft        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 19:16

Wotsit, Sat 27 Apr 11:10

Transgender men are people who were born female but want to identify as male. Why would they want to compete in female sport?

Well.. regardless of whether they want to or not, they should.

8. Author:  ipswichpar        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 21:41

Would the follow up of 1984 be called 2024?

9. Author:  Bletchley_Par        
Date: Sat 27th Apr 2024. 22:57

We have lost our way and worse it yet to come.

The past is a foreign country they do things differently there.

I want to go home.

10. Author:  veteraneastender        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 08:31

"Well.. regardless of whether they want to or not, they should."

Straightforward solution - transgender athletes to compete only against similar biological converts.

11. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 08:55

veteraneastender, Sun 28 Apr 08:31

Straightforward solution - transgender athletes to compete only against similar biological converts.

That`s the only fair solution tbh. Non-binary competitions.

Can you imagine a trans woman boxing a biological woman? Even in the same weight category the trans woman could cause serious damage.

12. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 09:04

veteraneastender, Sun 28 Apr 08:31

Probably an even more straightforward solution is that everyone just accepts the reality of the situation - if you are born male, then you are male. The relevant mental health support should be provided for those who identify as anything else

13. Author:  Wotsit        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 11:14

But that`s clearly not the reality of the situation.

It never has been and to insist that it is is frankly ignorant of the clear evidence throughout history and across cultures.

Some cultures are just better at accepting it. Just like some cultures are better at accepting same sex relationships or inter-racial ones.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

14. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 13:00

Sort of getting away from the point I was trying to raise a discussion on when I started this thread. Should views that someone holds, that they express away from a football ground, be used to then ban them from a football stadium? Of course football clubs and leagues aren`t public services and can withhold their business from whomever they please I suppose as long as it isn`t based on sex, race or religion.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

15. Author:  jake89        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 13:20

It depends what those views are. There`s a difference in someone saying:

"I don`t agree with X"

And

"X are subhuman scum"

Unless they`re from Falkirk.

16. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Sun 28th Apr 2024. 16:51

The One Who Knocks, Sun 28 Apr 13:00

Sort of getting away from the point I was trying to raise a discussion on when I started this thread. Should views that someone holds, that they express away from a football ground, be used to then ban them from a football stadium? Of course football clubs and leagues aren`t public services and can withhold their business from whomever they please I suppose as long as it isn`t based on sex, race or religion.

As long as its not abusive then no. They weren’t abusive, they just state that female sports should only be competed in by biological females. Which is a valid point in the argument of gender issues.

17. Author:  Alter Ego        
Date: Tue 30th Apr 2024. 09:13

To be fair the world has gone mad with this non binary stuff. Each to their own but no way should woman and men be competing in a physical sport like football, boxing etc. Christ in America kids are being defined as cats and dogs known as "furries" and treated like animals in school...

Mon the Pars!

18. Author:  Wotsit        
Date: Tue 30th Apr 2024. 10:03

Alter Ego, Tue 30 Apr 09:13

Christ in America kids are being defined as cats and dogs known as "furries" and treated like animals in school...

That`s a far right lie.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Apr 10:09)

19. Author:  DBP        
Date: Tue 30th Apr 2024. 13:43

That is a kinda an example of a wider issue, where people, thanks to social media echo chambers and thought silo’d incremental steps, can end up believing anything that is presented to them that supports their shared narrative.
The secondary issue is that these things are just repeated and displayed as fact to further give it credibility for others to then simply accept and repeat that cycle

20. Author:  jake89        
Date: Tue 30th Apr 2024. 16:23

The media is obsessed with gender issues and spreading mistruths. I`m sure we`ve all heard these stories about litter trays in class rooms and kids identifying as house plants. I`m sure there have been occurrences but not to the point it merits being covered in the press.

Politicians skirt around the issue, and it`s not an easy one to resolve as I expect the answer in many cases is "it depends". It reminds me of the Limmy sketch: [url=https://youtu.be/TEGgvEexs-Q?si=9wyLKwkq-s-ks4sH]Click here[/url]

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -