DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Politics Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 -- 11 -- 12 -- 13 -- 14 --      

Topic: Suella Braverman
1. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 15:22

Surely her tea`s oot now! Not only is she in trouble over the security of e-mails, she has apparently breached the ministerial code over cancelling hotel bookings for asylum seekers.

2. Author:  DBP        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 15:40

And turns out the email security breaches weren’t a one of either

3. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 17:04

Only six of them! So far….

Making statement in 10 mins. Resignation surely?

4. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 17:05

The Tory Circus is back in Town

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

5. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 19:27

Another Horrid Person who is well out her depth :-

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has challenged critics to try to "get rid of me", as she denied ignoring legal advice on housing asylum seekers.

She rejected claims she blocked the use of hotels to ease overcrowding pressure at a migrant processing centre.

She said her policies were designed to repel an "invasion" on the south coast.
But Labour said Ms Braverman was not fit for office and undermined Rishi Sunak`s claim he was bringing integrity back to government.

Labour`s shadow home secretary Yvette Cooper said decision-making at the Home Office had "collapsed" on Ms Braverman`s watch and asked how "anyone is supposed to have confidence" in her.

6. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 19:44

One of her own MPs shook his head when she said she did not block the use of hotels.

7. Author:  ipswichpar        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 19:50

Hopefully something close to "I`m a fighter not a quiter"

8. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Mon 31st Oct 2022. 20:09

If I sent confidential emails from my work account to a Gmail account and then forwarded them on to the wrong person, and then didn`t take an attempt to rectify the issue seriously, or tried to cover it up, I`d get my jotters. Quite rightly too.
For her to be in that job and do this beggars belief. She is not fit for the job and needs to be sacked immediately, there`s no excuse

9. Author:  GG Riva        
Date: Tue 1st Nov 2022. 08:34

red-star-par, Mon 31 Oct 20:09

If I sent confidential emails from my work account to a Gmail account and then forwarded them on to the wrong person, and then didn`t take an attempt to rectify the issue seriously, or tried to cover it up, I`d get my jotters. Quite rightly too.
For her to be in that job and do this beggars belief. She is not fit for the job and needs to be sacked immediately, there`s no excuse

For her to get her job back less than a week after her repeated breaches doesn`t just beggar belief - it`s absolutely incredible!

And the man who gave Cruella her job back is the PM! 😨
You couldn`t make it up....

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 01 Nov 08:34)

10. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Tue 1st Nov 2022. 11:22

All becomes a lot clearer now!🤔😲🤬

[url]https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/suella-braverman-refused-hotel-bookings-migrants-tory-areas/[/url]

11. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Tue 1st Nov 2022. 11:34

The only decent thing Schapps did!

[url]https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-31/uk-officials-accuse-braverman-of-unlawful-decision-on-migrants[/url]

12. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Thu 3rd Nov 2022. 08:41

From Aunty :-

The Home Secretary Suella Braverman is eyeing up three more countries - Paraguay, Peru and Belize - where migrants could be sent.

The paper says a source has revealed that another African country - on top of Rwanda - is "also in the mix".

A government spokesperson said ministers were "committed to working with a range of international partners" to tackle the global migration crisis.

Or we could just abandon them at the railway station and bus stop

Post Edited (Thu 03 Nov 09:32)

13. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Thu 3rd Nov 2022. 09:44

We’ve got thousands of Ukrainian refugees stuck on old cruise ships. Spaces smaller than legal requirement for prisoners.
Incompetence doesn’t just exist over the border.

14. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Thu 3rd Nov 2022. 09:51

I did notice that yesterday when John Swinney was announcing the spending cuts from Holyrood (some might call it an austerity program) that part of the reason was to help pay for the Ukrainian refugees that we`ve taken in. Now imagine that was a Tory minister in Westminster saying that austerity measures were being taken to help pay for a refugee crisis. You`d be hearing all about scape goats and dog whistles.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

15. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Thu 3rd Nov 2022. 19:14

From Aunty :-

Making Priti look like the Fairy Godmother

The Home Secretary Suella Braverman is facing a potentially major court battle over the safety of women and children at the Manston centre in Kent.

Details of the first legal case were released by lawyers as she toured the overrun facility on Thursday.

The action, which is at its earliest stages, alleges ministers left a woman in "egregiously defective conditions".

If the home secretary does not address the allegations, judges will be asked to hear the case in full.

The Home Office said it would respond to the claim but would not comment publicly on legally proceedings.

The legal action against Ms Braverman, also involving the charity Detention Action, alleges there is evidence of:

* Routine and prolonged unlawful detention in the facility
* A failure to implement "essential safeguarding measures" for children
* Adult men sleeping alongside women and children they are not related to
* Migrants exposed to infectious diseases amid poor sanitation
* No means for the detainees to get legal advice about why they are being held

Detention Action said its case was focused on ending "serious threats" to the safety of children.

"We have taken this action out of serious concern for the welfare of thousands of people, including children, still being detained at Manston for periods far beyond legal limits," said Jamie Wilson, deputy director of the charity.

16. Author:  buffy        
Date: Thu 3rd Nov 2022. 20:21

Leaving a group of asylum seekers, from Marston on their own in London “by mistake” last night won’t help her one bit either. It was only due to the actions of a local charity passerby that the group, who were extremely distressed, were taken to a nearby shelter.

Such a disgraceful way to treat fellow human beings.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

17. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Fri 4th Nov 2022. 08:39

Flies 20miles from Dover to Marston in a Chinook helicopter?🤔😲💩

18. Author:  jake89        
Date: Fri 4th Nov 2022. 09:02

They`re taking the P big style. When you think back to the scandals of the 90s and early 00s they are so insignificant.

We`re about to see one of the dodgiest MPs in history go on a reality TV show to make himself appear more human FFS.

How do people still vote Tory?

19. Author:  DBP        
Date: Fri 4th Nov 2022. 10:26

But the helicopter visibly supports the narrative that she`s defending us from invaders

20. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Fri 4th Nov 2022. 11:34

£3,500 for the "trip" apparently!

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 -- 8 -- 9 -- 10 -- 11 -- 12 -- 13 -- 14 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -