Date: Thu 9th Nov 2023. 18:41

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-67370793[/url]

2. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Thu 9th Nov 2023. 21:28

Wonder who claimed the highest expenses in the Scottish Parliament?🤔

A wee clue....DR💰💰💰

3. Author:  jake89        
Date: Thu 9th Nov 2023. 22:06

Christ almighty we really do scrape the barrel in this country when it comes to accurate reporting.

This is a parliamentary IT failure rather than a ministerial one. The tablet was still using an old SIM card. Furthermore, the provider didn`t give any alerts. I expect there will be a considerable refund but that won`t be reported as it`s not newsworthy, a bit like this story!

4. Author:  jake89        
Date: Thu 9th Nov 2023. 22:08

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 9 Nov 21:28

A wee clue....DR💰💰💰

Stuart McMillan (SNP)

5. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Thu 9th Nov 2023. 23:03

jake89, Thu 9 Nov 22:08

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 9 Nov 21:28

A wee clue....DR💰💰💰

Stuart McMillan (SNP)

I was looking at the comparison between the opposition leaders, agree that McMillan leads the field!

Post Edited (Thu 09 Nov 23:03)

6. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 9th Nov 2023. 23:48

It`s strange that having the highest expenses is apparently considered to be a `badge of shame`. Couldn`t it indicate the MSP/MP is extremely active in visiting constituents and/or looking after their interests?

7. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 08:06

Jake I don`t see what`s wrong with the reporting of this story. Everything you say the article also states although that it wasn`t Matheson`s fault is still unclear to me. I do have some doubts that you could rack up an 11k data bill on an iPad unless you were perhaps streaming Netflix, YouTube or Spotify etc

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

8. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 08:32

Is it possible to look at the history in the iPad to see how much constituency work he was doing ?

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

9. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 08:39

Moved to WhatsAppening thread

👍 Wee Eck

Post Edited (Fri 10 Nov 10:39)

10. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 09:47

What have WhatsApp messages got to do with Michael Matheson`s iPad? It`s a bit much when the person who started the thread can`t keep to the subject.

11. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 10:13

wee eck, Fri 10 Nov 09:47

What have WhatsApp messages got to do with Michael Matheson`s iPad? It`s a bit much when the person who started the thread can`t keep to the subject.

Back on track..

[url]https://www.holyrood.com/news/view,tory-chair-demands-probe-into-health-secretarys-11000-mobile-bill[/url]

12. Author:  jake89        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 18:58

He`ll pay it out his own pocket. Assume other politicians will do similar? Yes?

13. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 20:36

jake89, Fri 10 Nov 18:58

Anyone who thinks he would have paid for it without the outcry is seriously naive.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/100066857111580/posts/pfbid0EUKgeqMhcmMZTHRJoRN3AVZK6SXM6CxG6wdnPUekfncZv5Z4XWEE3roF4tEH8tNbl/[/url]

14. Author:  jake89        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 21:52

Tenruh, Fri 10 Nov 20:36

jake89, Fri 10 Nov 18:58

Anyone who thinks he would have paid for it without the outcry is seriously naive.

https://www.facebook.com/100066857111580/posts/pfbid0eukgeqmhcmmzthrjorn3avzk6sxm6cxg6wdnpuekfnczv5z4xwee3rof4teh8tnbl/

He shouldn`t have paid it. It was the fault of the parliament.

When`s Tory Peer Mone paying back the MILLIONS of taxpayers money she stole?

15. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 22:38

Jake I`m not getting where you are seeing this as not being his fault? All the reports I have read is that he was told to change the SIM card over a year ago but seemingly didn`t. What especially makes me doubt it wasn`t his fault because , and I might be wrong, how much data could you consume doing constituency work for seven days in Morocco (and it wouldn`t be a full seven days overseas). Yet that`s what he said he used data on. Wasn`t watching Netflix or listening to Spotify while lounging by the pool. Nope he ran up 11 thousand pounds worth of data charges by replying to emails.

16. Author:  jake89        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 22:45

The SIM in the tablet isn`t his responsibility to change. I`d also expect there should have been data use warnings, which is a failing of the provider.

If this had been anyone else they`d have Martin Lewis on the case to get the charges canceled.

Nice little distraction I suppose.

17. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 10th Nov 2023. 23:00

I`d also expect the provider to have issued a data warning, I think I`ve always had one when being abroad, and I`d also expect the user of the mobile device to heed such a warning. Failure to heed such a warning is perhaps why the mobile company have declined to waive the charges.
Again though that`s almost irrelevant now. He said this bill was incurred only by doing constituency work online but I`m not sure I believe it would be possible to rack up that size of a bill doing that kinda of work for a week.

18. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Sat 11th Nov 2023. 06:48

The One Who Knocks, Fri 10 Nov 23:00

I`d also expect the provider to have issued a data warning, I think I`ve always had one when being abroad, and I`d also expect the user of the mobile device to heed such a warning. Failure to heed such a warning is perhaps why the mobile company have declined to waive the charges.
Again though that`s almost irrelevant now. He said this bill was incurred only by doing constituency work online but I`m not sure I believe it would be possible to rack up that size of a bill doing that kinda of work for a week.

It's total deflection TOWK, who gives a toss what Johnson and Mone gets up to.Different County different mind-set.
What happened to the "Show we can govern and the people will support us " Actions like Mathesons (£129,000 per annum) blows the trust right out the water.
And the thing is there's no way of removing them. Remember guys to keep the gravy running "both votes SNP"

If a cabinet minister is not prepared to take responsibility what does that say to the others in the parliament? Wha's like us ? 25 years and corruption has taken hold.

Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking NOT after looking at the public reaction to this!
( stolen from FB)

Post Edited (Sat 11 Nov 07:39)

19. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Sat 11th Nov 2023. 09:02

The Scottish Parliament (different from the Scottish Government) investigated the matter and were happy with his explanation. In light of what happened they reviewed their policy and made changes to their procedures to ensure it couldn`t happen again. That sounds like an admission the system was at fault although he did himself no favours by ignoring reminders his SIM card needed to be replaced.

20. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Sat 11th Nov 2023. 09:45

The system was working fine if it reminded him to SIM card needed to be replaced.
In fact the scheme seems foolproof apart from this one eejit

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 -- 7 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -