password:  

Forum List | Politics Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Topic: Nice little earners
1. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 29th Feb 2024. 10:14

These are GB News’s highest-earning Conservative MPs:

Lee Anderson

Earnings so far: £103,350 – one year of his £100,000 annual presenting salary, topped up by one-off payments for earlier shows, plus the £50-a-month the channel gives him for having a square GB News logo on his X profile page.

Earnings per hour: £240 (£100,000 for eight hours a week).

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Earnings so far: £324,121.44 in the last year, working as a presenter.

Earnings per hour: £732 (£29,290.47 a month for 40 hours’ work).

Esther McVey and Philip Davies (married couple and co-presenters)

Earnings so far: £129,183.08 (McVey) and £62,233.13 (Davies)

Earnings per hour: Variable. With the last payments, McVey was on £380, Davies on £189.

2. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Thu 29th Feb 2024. 12:23

Perhaps Parboiled can tell us if they are worth it?

Never watched the channel and have no intention of ever doing so!

3. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Thu 29th Feb 2024. 14:16

Best news programme on the telly. The presenters are bonkers, the guests loopy, and the viewers shouting at the screen wear gravy stained cardigans with holes in the elbows…

4. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 29th Feb 2024. 14:23

...and they`re all Tories. We`ll have to take your word about the viewers.

5. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Thu 14th Mar 2024. 19:58

MP`s to get a 5.5% payrise, once again not in line with inflation, the whole cabal needs reform!

6. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 14th Mar 2024. 20:34

£91,346 pa now.

7. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Thu 14th Mar 2024. 22:56

wee eck, Thu 14 Mar 20:34

£91,346 pa now.

NuSNP MPs milking the system to the max...no wonder they`re happy with devolution.

https://youtu.be/qjge4knsu74?si=o_ud_23kzt3pzpfr

Post Edited (Thu 14 Mar 23:11)

8. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 14th Mar 2024. 23:52

How are they milking the system any more than any other party members? They don`t decide their own salaries. Are the ALBA MPs not milking the system too?

9. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 06:37

wee eck, Thu 14 Mar 23:52

How are they milking the system any more than any other party members? They don`t decide their own salaries. Are the ALBA MPs not milking the system too?

Yes Alba are milking it also . But not to the extent that nuSNP have, they've been sitting there doing heehaw for nearly 10 years promising at every election something that's unachievable? Fraudsters

Post Edited (Fri 15 Mar 06:47)

10. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 07:53

As you concede it`s unachievable yet both the SNP and Alba will be campaigning as if it is.
As for the pay rise I`m sure most MPs are appalled by and will be donating the take home difference to a charity.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

11. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 09:26

The One Who Knocks, Fri 15 Mar 07:53

As you concede it`s unachievable yet both the SNP and Alba will be campaigning as if it is.
As for the pay rise I`m sure most MPs are appalled by and will be donating the take home difference to a charity.

Strange old union when it was voluntary to join but you need permission to leave.

What would happen if the country wanting to leave decided not to send representation to the shared parliament? Would that parliament cease to function?

12. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 12:14

I think we should commend the 62 Tory MPs (so far) who have announced that they won`t be standing at the next General Election. They are obviously embarrassed that they have been milking the system whilst bankrupting the country and have decided to do the decent thing and opt out.

13. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 12:41

If those MPs stood on a pledge not to attend parliament if elected then they`d be right to do so Tenruh. Maybe MPs should try that as a tactic. Vote for me so and I won`t do the job if elected.

14. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 15:44

The One Who Knocks, Fri 15 Mar 12:41

If those MPs stood on a pledge not to attend parliament if elected then they`d be right to do so Tenruh. Maybe MPs should try that as a tactic. Vote for me so and I won`t do the job if elected.

The job still gets done, they still have the manned constituency office, the MP doesn`t get paid because they haven`t sworn an allegiance to a foreign state.

Seems to be working for the Irish,

15. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 16:41

In what way is it working for the Irish?

16. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 16:46

Sinn Fein have never had their MP`s sitting in Westminster, didn`t stop the Tories flinging money at them though!🤔💰💰💰

17. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 15th Mar 2024. 17:48

The One Who Knocks, Fri 15 Mar 16:41

In what way is it working for the Irish?

They can have an Independence referendum every 7 years of their choosing.

That said, what is presently NI will empty out of Orangemen when the whole of Ireland is independent of little England.....Any idea where the majority of the 🍊 men will take flight to ?

18. Author:  DBP        
Date: Sat 16th Mar 2024. 18:12

That’s the thing I’m bothered about TBH

19. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Sun 17th Mar 2024. 13:21

The Yousaf clan are big players in the property rental business. His Greeny weeny pals will no like that…

20. Author:  Raymie the Legend        
Date: Sun 17th Mar 2024. 19:05

Hey, parboiled. Thought you’d have been all over the Hester thread 🙄🙄

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

[ 1 ] -- 2 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -