DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Politics Forum

Topic: Best job In the World
1. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Wed 27th Mar 2024. 20:03

No fear of redundancy, get to sleep on the job, subsidised meals, living life like a Lord...what's not to like ?

https://news.sky.com/story/peers-approve-100-allowance-for-their-overnight-stays-13102876

Post Edited (Wed 27 Mar 20:58)

2. Author:  jake89        
Date: Wed 27th Mar 2024. 21:39

Need to be based in London though so really just a benefit to peers who live locally.

3. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Thu 28th Mar 2024. 06:32

London residents don`t get the payment , all others do.

Post Edited (Thu 28 Mar 06:33)

4. Author:  McCaig`s Tower        
Date: Thu 28th Mar 2024. 13:51

It was a huge anomaly (one of many) that peers were expected to pay for their accommodation out of their allowance (which isn’t that great for a legislator, even if it is tax-free), although I think they already get reasonable travel expenses, despite what the article says.

Mind you, you won’t get much for £100 in central London.

5. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Thu 28th Mar 2024. 15:39

Now we know why the SNP don`t make nominations for the Lords - it could cost them money and we all know SNP politicians are only at Westminster to feather their nests, don`t we? I wonder if an extra £100 will make a difference.

6. Author:  jake89        
Date: Thu 28th Mar 2024. 17:29

That`s why it feels unfair for Lords not based around London. If I lived in Oxford it would be easy for me to fire in to the Lord`s each day for my £300 or whatever it is day rate and then bugger off. Not exactly easy if you live in Newcastle or Glasgow.

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -