DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Politics Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 --      

Topic: Upcoming election - who to vote for
1. Author:  jake89        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 11:25

Not seeking to hear who people are specifically voting for but seeing this as a hard choice.

Naz Anis Miah (SNP) - Councillor to MP is a big step. Don`t know much about him but seems to be man about town in Abbeyview. SNP perhaps not popular given media coverage of the GRA and Hate Crime bill, plus where`s that independence?!
Graeme Downie (Labour) - as above. Seems a decent candidate. Definitely putting himself about, which is nice to see. However, Labour not exactly taking advantage of what should be an open goal nationally. Reports that their Kirkcaldy candidate having questionable morals.
??? (Lib Dem) - who is their candidate for D&D? Probably irrelevant as little chance of election.
??? (Green) - as above. Whoever it is I suspect will have a hard time given what appears to be a lack of action over Grangemouth and it being blamed on them, which isn`t fair.
??? (Alba) - lol.

2. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 11:45

Which constituency is this? Isn`t there a Tory candidate?

For anyone seeking independence I can`t see any logic in voting for anyone other than the SNP despite their faults.

3. Author:  jake89        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 11:51

Dunfermline and Dollar. I`d genuinely forgotten the Tories. I couldn`t even tell you who their candidate was last time! There isn`t one listed. I also missed Danny Smith from the SFP who I`m sure will receive tens of votes.

4. Author:  DBP        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 11:58

I agree wee eck

I’m not an snp member or particularly enamoured with them… but they are the only vehicle for independence!

Any other vote will be interpreted as a vote for the union and will kick independence even further into the long grass

5. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 13:14

Is there not a Labour/Tory agreement that only one candidate is getting selected to challenge the SNP as not to split the Unionist vote?

Post Edited (Wed 10 Apr 14:58)

6. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 14:24

I`m not convinced they`re now an Independence party. If someone can convince me otherwise great....they strike me that they`re more devolutionist than Independence minded.

7. Author:  jake89        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 16:11

I`d agree Tenruh but my concern would be that even Labour could potentially take that devolution away.

8. Author:  DBP        
Date: Wed 10th Apr 2024. 17:15

They’re still the only real game in town - even if they are going as bit softly-softly

9. Author:  jake89        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 08:31

Labour candidate for Kirkcaldy suspended.

10. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 10:57

Labour candidate in Cowdenbeath is in a bit of bother as well?

11. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 11:56

Same constituency LA

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

12. Author:  LochgellyAlbert        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 12:18

The One Who Knocks, Thu 11 Apr 11:56

Same constituency LA

So it is!😲👍

13. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 13:00

Labour could put a red rosette on a monkey and they`ll win that seat.

SNP have just selected their candidate for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath and Neile Hanvey standing for Alba only one outcome there.

14. Author:  jake89        
Date: Thu 11th Apr 2024. 18:56

For Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy will be the same as Dunfermline - Labour or SNP. No danger of Hanvey getting elected 😂

Who are the SNP and Lib Dems for Kirkcaldy?

15. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 06:59

jake89, Thu 11 Apr 18:56

For Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy will be the same as Dunfermline - Labour or SNP. No danger of Hanvey getting elected 😂

SNP Lesley Bankhouse, just announced.
Serial trougher, local councillor for Burntisland. No Green or libdem announced.
Re my first paragraph above.

Don`t know what Alba are playing at. Not even showing a 1% support on the latest poll but Reform getting 5%.

The problem we`ve now got in Scotland is both Salmond and Sturgeon are toxic politicians and the movement have splintered because of their presence.

Labour will walk the Kirkcaldy constituency .

16. Author:  Dave_1885        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 10:18

Tenruh, Fri 12 Apr 06:59

jake89, Thu 11 Apr 18:56

SNP Lesley Bankhouse, just announced.
Serial trougher, local councillor for Burntisland. No Green or libdem announced.
Re my first paragraph above.

Don`t know what Alba are playing at. Not even showing a 1% support on the latest poll but Reform getting 5%.

The problem we`ve now got in Scotland is both Salmond and Sturgeon are toxic politicians and the movement have splintered because of their presence.

Labour will walk the Kirkcaldy constituency .

“Serial trougher” - what?

17. Author:  jake89        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 10:39

I think he means she`s been a councillor for a few years. This appears to be the starting point for most MSPs and MPs though? The other independence candidate (Hanvey) was a councillor for even longer.

18. Author:  DBP        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 12:56

If the Indy movement have splintered, then Alba would be doing better no?

19. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 13:27

There was a poll the other day which indicated support for Labour re the Westminster election had edged ahead of the SNP for the first time since the 2014 referendum. I think the same poll still had `Yes` ahead of `No` on the question of independence though (which wasn`t widely reported funnily enough).

That suggests there are many supporters of independence who aren`t planning to vote SNP at the General Election. Who are they going to vote for - or are they planning to abstain?

20. Author:  red-star-par        
Date: Fri 12th Apr 2024. 13:27

Trougher, is that meaning they are like pigs in the trough? I would imagine if anyone is a councillor it`s a whole load of hassle and hard work, for little recognition. Fair play to anyone that gives up their time to do it. Probably a long way from the bungs, cash for questions and donations that the Westminster MPs pick up.

BTW, I`m sure by now everyone realises that Tenruh is a Unionist plant, one of many. Pretending to be in favour of Independence but doing everything in his power to destabilise and divide the Yes movement.

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -