DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Politics Forum

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 --      

Topic: Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio
1. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 06:21

Two weeks before Sturgeon resigned Humza withdraws his action with the Nursery in Dundee....coincidence?

Everything single Fife councillor campaigned for the "continuity candidate " so much for their judgement......

Who`s pulling the Strings?

I`m with Humza

https://wingsoverscotland.com/marking-time/

Post Edited (Mon 29 Apr 06:49)

2. Author:  jake89        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 07:05

3. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 08:45

Away today apparently

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

4. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 09:03

He’s “considering resigning”

Yoons hoping he won’t, such an utter plonker is an asset…

5. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 09:13

It`ll be another Yousaf style candidate that the membership will elect and it will have to be someone that the Greens can get along with. Had those who fled the party and joined Alba stuck around and fought for their beliefs then perhaps another type of leader could have been elected.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

6. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 09:15

Ps.. only this eejit would talk like that. Do it or don’t, not interested in your ruddy angst.

7. Author:  jake89        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 09:17

It`ll be John Swinney who comes in.

8. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 09:23

jake89, Mon 29 Apr 07:05

[url]https://youtu.be/cyyNvGkZuaI?si=_FF-yPTENeGLA_W-[/url]

9. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 09:33

jake89, Mon 29 Apr 09:17

It`ll be John Swinney who comes in.

It`s really up to the Greens 💚 who it`ll be .
Pick the wrong (Forbes) person and we`ll be back where we are the now.

Jenny Gilruth and her wife fancy giving it a bash.

https://www.facebook.com/share/akjvrqlfktgagxds/

Post Edited (Mon 29 Apr 09:36)

10. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 10:45

It`s hard to see how anything other than a Holyrood election can get us out of having a lame duck adminstration now for the next two years. On the basis that no party would win a majority you`d have to hope that a Labour/Lib Dem coalition would have the numbers as the other parties are too far apart on too many issues. I mean look at Alba, supposedly focused on independence. Yet they had two provisos for supporting the SNP and only one of them had anything to do with independence.

Post Edited (Mon 29 Apr 10:47)

11. Author:  jake89        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 11:15

I think we`re seeing what it must be like in England. No-one wants the Tories, but the alternatives are pretty bland.

Can only comment based on what I`ve seen in Fife under the Labour/Tories but they seemed to "lose" half a million down the sofa at one point, which doesn`t fill me with confidence! The roads are worse than ever, the HSCP is in crisis, there`s now an emergency declared on housing too.

Tories are obviously a no-no. I`d go as far as saying anyone who votes for them must be insane.

Lib Dems would be coalition only as they`re not popular enough.

Greens have just put themselves out of jobs.

SNP need to get their house in order. If people don`t believe in the leadership they should step down/defect.

Alba may as well pack up now if there`s an election as they`ll have no MSPs and later on in the year will have no MPs either.

An election now could result in a backlash for Labour so I`m not convinced they`d get as many seats as they might hope and would definitely need to go into a coalition. Lib Dems may still lack enough seats to get a majority. Same with the Tories. It may end up being a minority administration or a Lab/SNP coalition, which both have said no to.

12. Author:  jake89        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 11:16

The One Who Knocks, Mon 29 Apr 10:45

It`s hard to see how anything other than a Holyrood election can get us out of having a lame duck adminstration now for the next two years. On the basis that no party would win a majority you`d have to hope that a Labour/Lib Dem coalition would have the numbers as the other parties are too far apart on too many issues. I mean look at Alba, supposedly focused on independence. Yet they had two provisos for supporting the SNP and only one of them had anything to do with independence.

There would still be another election in 2026 so it could be Lab/Lib until then. Almost like a test run for the election in 26.

13. Author:  OzPar        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 11:18

Galloway!

14. Author:  alwaysaPar        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 11:53

OzPar, Mon 29 Apr 11:18

Galloway!

Dumfries !!!

15. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 12:20

Goodbye continuity candidate

[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-68918348[/url]

16. Author:  jake89        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 12:20

Who would you like as FM, Tenruh?

17. Author:  Parboiled        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 12:25

Self pitying mush, tears.

Brian Taylor on the telly, a simpering SNP fanboy, he was greeting when Salmond
resigned so hanky oot for him next

18. Author:  DBP        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 12:36

Labour/Lib Dem

Couldn’t think of much worse!

19. Author:  Tenruh        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 12:48

jake89, Mon 29 Apr 12:20

Who would you like as FM, Tenruh?

Fergus Ewing

[url]https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-twist/[/url]

20. Author:  wee eck        
Date: Mon 29th Apr 2024. 13:41

John Swinney is odds-on favourite to be SNP leader and Ladbrokes have closed their book on it.

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -