DAFC.net
Login:

password:  

Forum List | Sticky

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 --      

Topic: Craig Robertson
1. Author:  Frank Grimes Jnr        
Date: Tue 27th Oct 2015. 22:17

Anyone got a link to "The Goal" against Clydebank?

Speaking of which, is he still scouting for Aberdeen? What a player in his day!

2. Author:  JohnnyW        
Date: Tue 27th Oct 2015. 22:26

Craig Robertson's goal against Clydebank

------------------------------------------------------------
Best tweet ever:

Post Edited (Tue 27 Oct 22:27)

3. Author:  fergie        
Date: Tue 27th Oct 2015. 22:29

It's on you tube frank, a bit grainy but still glorious

4. Author:  Paristotle        
Date: Tue 27th Oct 2015. 22:42

No Frank - he's moved to Spain and is now a scout for Sunderland, I think.
I remember looking for "that" goal a while ago too and being unable to locate it. Epic, for so many reasons.

5. Author:  Boomer        
Date: Tue 27th Oct 2015. 22:43

Left Aberdeen when McInnes took over. Moved out to Spain earlier this year.

6. Author:  SanguinePar        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 00:30

***Red carded despite breaking no rules, not swearing and not being abusive. ThaiPar out***

7. Author:  DrumRoad        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 01:13

Thought then & still do......... Norrie had a hand in that goal

Nearly 20 years later & it's still my single "you had to have been there" football moment.........it was most definitely surreal

If I remember correctly we were cruising at 3 nil up & the enormity of the recent events seemed to hit like a hammer blow when Clydebank scored their first goal, the legs went & we went into free fall, they got back to 3-3 & looked like ruining what was initially looking like a fantastic tribute to Norrie in the 1st game back just four days after his death

Up stepped Craig Robertson & the rest as they say is history

I remember the goal like it was yesterday, I hope I recall the rest of the events correctly?

2022/23 League one Winners

8. Author:  AdamAntsParsStripe        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 03:01

DrumRoad, Wed 28 Oct 01:13

Thought then & still do......... Norrie had a hand in that goal

Nearly 20 years later & it's still my single "you had to have been there" football moment.........it was most definitely surreal

If I remember correctly we were cruising at 3 nil up & the enormity of the recent events seemed to hit like a hammer blow when Clydebank scored their first goal, the legs went & we went into free fall, they got back to 3-3 & looked like ruining what was initially looking like a fantastic tribute to Norrie in the 1st game back just four days after his death

Up stepped Craig Robertson & the rest as they say is history

I remember the goal like it was yesterday, I hope I recall the rest of the events correctly?

That's just exactly how I remember it as well.
Totally surreal experience ending with an explosion of sheer brilliance.
My mate next to me was the first to throw a scarf to Westy which he tied to the net and soon everyone was doing it.

I'm no fan of Keith Jackson but his piece on this game was one of the best, most honest match reports I have ever read and captured the emotions perfectly that day.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte

9. Author:  Bandy        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 07:05

Anyone got a copy of Jackson's report. I'd love to read it!

10. Author:  Chunkypar        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 07:56

Got it at home but not back until Thurs night, I'll put it up then if no-one else has

11. Author:  penapar        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 08:44

I also remember the goal as if in slow motion, wonder strike, and the clyebank players applause directed at pars fans after the minutes silence.

penapar

12. Author:  petrie_pants        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 08:47

"Anyone got a copy of Jackson's report. I'd love to read it!"

Yeah I would too...

13. Author:  PARrot        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 11:18

Just emailed the paper and asked for a copy. If it comes ill post it

14. Author:  irishmcbride        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 11:48

Remember that goal vividly. I still think that caps perhaps the best performance by a single Pars player I've ever seen. Lord knows what it must have taken as captain to pull the team through that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15. Author:  parzdaft        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 12:05

Very emotional day and in the end, a vital win.

16. Author:  petrie_pants        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 13:06

Nice one Parot.

17. Author:  Johan_Cruyff        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 13:37

I just love the reaction of Andy Smith at the top right of the screen sprinting off the corner flag after the goal. Probably the best goal I have ever seen at EEP for many reasons.

18. Author:  Zimbo        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 13:49

My favourite memory at EEP. After all of the emotion of the preceding weeks, to come back with a strike like that to win 4-3 after having been 3-0 up was magical. I can remember standing there during the minute silence and thinking I had never seen so many grown men crying.

BMMMH's free kick against The Wee Team also a firm favourite, but nowhere near as memorable as that goal.

19. Author:  petrie_pants        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 14:16

I wish I had it in me to write a book on that period- it would be a bloody bestseller!

Bert Paton's arrival, Jackie McNamara breaking through then sold on, The Dundee United 3-0 and 1-0 games, Petrie, Norrie's death, Clydebank game and Robertson's goal, the Airdrie game, Millar's penalty...
More than enough to go on.

20. Author:  Johan_Cruyff        
Date: Wed 28th Oct 2015. 15:17

Get at it PP....

[ 1 ] -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -