Forum List | Movie/TV/Music/Games/Books

1 -- [ 2 ] --      

Topic: Good Read
21. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Tue 28th Apr 2020. 17:30

Will check that out Johan C

22. Author:  The One Who Knocks        
Date: Fri 1st May 2020. 11:55

Currently on Arnhem: The Battle for the Bridges by Anthony Beevor. Excellent as always.

Shrek Par, have you read other books by Max Hastings? I haven't done so myself so just wondering if I should or not. He certainly writes on subjects that interest me.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed

23. Author:  shrek par        
Date: Wed 6th May 2020. 05:38

Beevor writes better and has more substance and research to his books . Hastings tends to follow the well travelled road on any subject ,which is fine if you haven't read about the particular battle before but can be a bit repetitive if you have

24. Author:  Malcolm Canmore        
Date: Wed 13th May 2020. 21:45

shrek par, Sun 26 Apr 23:33

Now onto Vietnam by max Hastings, bit dry and draws on a lot of previous writings by others. Forgotten voices of the Falklands war is excellent. Another I've just finished was Cod,itsall about the role the fish has played throughout history and was both well written and exceptionally interesting for such a bizarre subject manner.

Try Despatches by Michael Herr

My dog eats meat

25. Author:  Buspasspar        
Date: Thu 14th May 2020. 21:07

Have any of you guys read Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell ? It was recommended to me as brilliant

26. Author:  sintv        
Date: Sun 25th Jul 2021. 12:53

I'm back to the start of the Roman legionnaires Macro and Cato series by Simon Scarrow. Lots of battles and good insight in how the soldiers worked and lived but not too heavy reading.

27. Author:  Neil_Philp        
Date: Thu 13th Jul 2023. 21:02

Read the Terminal List by Jack Carr recently.
Brilliant read. If you like Tom Clancy, Will Jordan and Chris Ryan stuff, you`ll probably like this

COYP

28. Author:  MessiPar        
Date: Mon 4th Dec 2023. 19:47

I`ll second that Neil Philp

1 -- [ 2 ] --      

Post your Reply

Your Message:  

By using your account you have implicitly accepted the DAFC.net Forum Rules and agree to be bound by them. You also agree that you will take sole responsibility for your post and indemnify dafc.net on all matters and costs. Refrain from making any potentially libelous comments about anyone
- - -